Subject: Re: Blogger claiming "shared source" is approved by OSI
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:39:58 -0700

Quoting B Galliart (bgallia@gmail.com):

> It would be nice to be able to point Jamie Cannon, Sam Ramji and
> Marcos Santos to a Microsoft policy which discourages their employees
> from diluting the distinction between Open Source and Shared
> Source--but no such policy is publicly stated anyplace.  So far, Bill
> Hilf isn't offering one either.  Instead, the only offer I have heard
> is a distinction will be made on *one* Microsoft web page.

Yes, I think your point is well taken, and hope Microsoft Corporation
will consider doing as you suggest.  The alternative is yet another messy,
ongoing process of misstatement and public correction / objection.

--
Cheers,                              Mia kusenveturilo estas plena da angiloj.
Rick Moen