Subject: RE: FYI 28 (was: A priori IPR choices)
From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <pbaker@verisign.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:33:39 -0700
Wed, 24 Oct 2007 11:33:39 -0700
Not as out of date as some sources

http://davidguy.brinkster.net/computer/

It was my first computer book.

From: Frank Ellermann [mailto:nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de]
Sent: Wed 24/10/2007 7:58 AM
To: ietf@ietf.org
Cc: license-discuss@opensource.org
Subject: FYI 28 (was: A priori IPR choices)

Philippe Verdy wrote:

> We do have lots of informational RFCs which are still needed and
> actively used, sometimes even required (notably those in the BCP
> series, like the "Netiquette" which has become a requirement for
> almost all ISP customers, as part of their contract, despite they
> are only informational, and could change at any time after having
> been replaced by another RFC replacing the older one with the same
> BCP number.

BCPs aren't informational RFCs, for an introduction see RFC 4677
or <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Request for Comments#Status>.
Maybe you confused BCP with FYI, RFC 1855 is also known as FYI 28.

FLAME ON: It's now 12 years old, and some parts are rather silly:
Be careful with monospacing fonts, and be sure to have a signature
which you attach to your message.
FLAME OFF (flame tags recommended by FYI 28).

 Frank

Ietf mailing list
Ietf@ietf.org

FYI 28 (was: A priori IPR choices)