Subject: Re: FOR APPROVAL: The license of Multics
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 12:05:48 -0800

Quoting Matthew Flaschen (matthew.flaschen@gatech.edu):
> Rick Moen wrote:
>
> > I concur.  It's quite clearly so.
>
> Do you mean it's incompatible with GPLv3, or just OSD-compliant?  If you
> think it's incompatible, why is that?  I think it's pushing it, but can
> still claim to be an "author attribution".

(You're right:  Strictly speaking, my answer was ambiguous.)  I was
attempting to address the issue of OSD compliance, which is the core
mission of this mailing list, and the question posed about the cited
licence.

Other people may well be concerned about the licence's compatibility
with other open source licences, but I personally have no reason to care
about that question, at this time and in this context.