Subject: Re: Communication skills
From: "Chris Travers" <chris.travers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:37:54 -0800

On Nov 15, 2007 8:11 PM, Tzeng, Nigel H. <Nigel.Tzeng@jhuapl.edu> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, why doesn't the OSI have a basic permissive license that
> has all the "best" features of various BSD and MIT variants?  Using an "OSI
> <n> Clause" permissive license seems neutral and reasonable.

I think that part of the problem is that "best" is in the eyes of the
beholder.  For example, I think that Larry Rosen would suggest that
his AFL is one of these licenses, and it also opens up the door to
holy wars over the question fo (for example) the patent license grants
in the ASL2, the merits or issues with non-endorsement clauses, and
the like.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers