Subject: Re: Classpath exception
From: Simon Phipps <webmink@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:09:49 +0000

 Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:09:49 +0000
As was widely discussed at the time, as a subset of the overall
licensing decision Sun made this particular choice as a way to signal
to the GNU project that OpenJDK was intended as a unifying action with
Classpath and the host of other related GPL-licensed projects. We
recognised that we could have used several licensing arrangements such
as the one you identify, but we wanted to make absolutely sure that
there was no doubt that the licensing arrangement was 100% compatible
with GNU and that there was no cunning tricksy plan around the
licensing.

S.