Subject: Re: Including a ZLib third-party source code in a Modified BSD Licensed Project
From: John Cowan <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 12:28:47 -0400

Antonio Ragagnin scripsit:

> My fear comes when I write "All rights reserved"  in the License.TXT
> becouse not ALL code is mine!

The phrase "All rights reserved" is not necessary to reserve your
copyright rights in countries that accept the Berne Convention.  It's
perfectly fine to either omit it or include it without worrying about its
literal meaning.  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_rights_reserved .

> At the moment, in the LICENSE.txt i've adden these lines:
>
> Copyright (c) 2010, <MY-name>
> This software contains and uses the <THIRD-product-name> source code and
> that's under ZLib License.
> <THIRD-product-name>  is a <what-THIRD-product-does>  and it encloses all
> the source files under the folders src/org/<third-sourcecode-path>
> All other rights are reserved.
>
> could it be OK?

Sure.

I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice, yada yada.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan