Subject: Re: Towards an OSI-approved "waive all rights" software license
From: Karl Fogel <kfogel@red-bean.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:03:19 -0400

 Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:03:19 -0400
Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des@des.no> writes:
>Not just the license text, and not just the source:
>
>  Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice,
>  this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
>
>  Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>  notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
>  documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

My fault -- reading too quickly.  Thanks for pointing that out about
binary distribution.

I was considering the copyright notice, list of conditions, and
disclaimer together to all be "the license".

>The ISC license is equivalent, but significantly shorter.
>
>> For "waive all rights", CC0 is the best thing I can think of.
>
>Or the zlib / libpng license, which, unlike CC0, is actually a software
>license.

Thank you -- I was not familiar with these, and now am.  For reference:

  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/isc-license
  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/zlib-license

-K