Subject: RE: Cherry-picking license proposals
From: Russell Nelson <>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 15:53:28 -0500 (EST)

Lawrence E. Rosen writes:
 > One thing I ask you to consider: License review, even for what you think are
 > simple licenses, is not taken lightly by the *volunteer* OSI board.  The
 > board has to read the licenses carefully.  There is no such thing as a "slam
 > dunk" approval.

Sure there is:

                Russ's Public License

This software is copyrighted (C) DATE by AUTHOR.  You may do anything
you want with this software except remove this copyright notice.

Slam dunk.  :)  Too bad that all licenses are more complicated than
this one.  MUCH more complicated.  And once we approve a license, we
can't take it back.  "Failure is not an option."

-russ nelson <>
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "This is Unix...
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | Stop acting so helpless."
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | --Daniel J. Bernstein