Subject: Re: The Toll Roads of Open Source
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:51:04 -0800

begin Manfred Schmid quotation:

> We see that emotions have gone high.

I see that you _continue_ declining to address the subject at hand.
Which is evaluating whether specific licences are OSD-compliant or not.
Instead, you digress onto business models, alleged deficiencies in the
OSD, and a whole circus of diversions.

> We take the freedom to make a final statement concerning our requests.

[90-line manifesto snipped]

Farewell!  I sincerely hope that your employer has the good sense to
forebear from referring to software under that licence as "open source",
or it will have a serious public-relations problem.

For it is _very_ obvious that, in fact, you do not intend to produce
open-source software, and never did.  Good luck to you.

Cheers,              "It ain't so much the things we don't know that get us
Rick Moen            in trouble.  It's the things we know that ain't so."             -- Artemus Ward (1834-67), U.S. journalist