Subject: Re: Real-World Copyright Assignment
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:18:07 -0700

begin Greg Herlein quotation:

> Brian indicated that the FSF did not copyright these templates so we
> are free to derive from them.

Any chance I can get an electronic copy, so I can put them up for public
access?

I recall, by the way, that Tripwire, Inc. is one of the other
organisations requiring copyright assignment for contributed code (for
its GPLed codebase).  But the development site seems to have no details:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/tripwire/

(Niggle:  If FSF's templates have sufficient substance to be a creative
work, then copyright on them exists inherently by operation of law,
whether FSF claims it exists or not.)

--
Cheers,                                         kill -9 them all.
Rick Moen                                       Let init sort it out.