Subject: Re: X.Net, Inc. License
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 08:58:30 -0400 (EDT)

Karsten M. Self writes:
 > I'm assuming that markup isn't a legal part of the license -- and would
 > strongly encourage submissions be made as plaintext, not HTML-tagged
 > content.

If you got a Word .doc file, would you also assume that the markup
isn't a legal part of the license?

 > With the exception of the deletion and the jurisdiction clause, the
 > licenses are identical.  I'd kick this back to X.Net and ask whether
 > they'd be willing to consider the MIT license,

Nope.  They want to specify jurisdiction, because they've had a
problem in the past with jurisdictions which aren't friendly to open
source.  They didn't specify which one it was.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | #exclude <windows.h>
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   |