Subject: Re: VENTURE CAPITAL
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:45:49 -0400 (EDT)

Derek Balling writes:
 > >URGENT BUSINESS PROPOSAL
 > {snip}
 >
 > That yahoo account will no longer be disturbing anyone ... pay it no mind.

Sigh.  No, <george_umia1@yahoo.com> won't, but
crywnr.com, I'm using a very effective spam filter.
Previously-unknown addresses get bounced to me on the first posting.
Subsequent postings are automatically approved unless I remove the
address from the approval list, which I do in the case of spam.

As it turns out, that algorithm would have let one of the VENTURE
CAPITAL messages through, but that's actually quite a rare case.  Most
spammers don't send twice to the same address using the same envelope
sender.

Any objection to my turning on this feature for license-discuss?

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | All extremists should
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | be shot.