Subject: Re: X.Net, Inc. License
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:53:03 -0400 (EDT)

Karsten M. Self writes:
 > on Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 01:19:20PM -0400, John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org) wrote:
 > > Matthew C. Weigel scripsit:
 > >
 > > > My opinion is that "MIT License with specified jurisdiction" should be
 > > > approved, as this seems like a valid concern.
 > >
 > > It should be noted for the record that such licenses are not GPL-compatible.
 >
 > Why?  Because of the "no additional conditions" requirement?

That's the theory.  Given that there's always going to *be* a venue,
it doesn't seem like a problem to specify which one it is.  However
RMS says it's a problem, so obviously it's a problem.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok |
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | All extremists should
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | be shot.