Subject: Re: Essay RFC delayed.
From: "Eric S. Raymond" <esr@thyrsus.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 14:32:26 -0400

Signal 11 <signal11@mediaone.net>:
>Realistically, the major contributors of open source have mostly been hackers.
>Would there be a significant reduction in the proliferation and quality of
>free software if linux had not gone corporate?

Maybe not.  But I think I'm not the only person tired of living in a ghetto
and watching from the sidelines while Microsoft locked down the Internet.

It was time to grow up and get real.
--

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme
Being as his father, in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the