Subject: Discussion: ADPL
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:11:07 -0500 (EST)

Phil Lotane writes:
 > Thanks for your note.  Attached is the ArsDigita Public License in html
 > format.  Please let me know if you need anything else.  We eagerly await the
 > OSI's decision.  We are willing to have the license posted to the
 > license-discuss list with identification.  See the text of my original
 > e-mail below in this string.  Thanks very much.
 >
 > -- Phil Lotane

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<head>
        <title>ArsDigita Public License</title>
</head>

<h3>Version 1.0</h3> </div align>
<tt>
The ArsDigita Public License, Version 1.0 ("ADPL," or the "License") consists of the
Mozilla Public License, Version 1.1 and the following Amendments, including Exhibit
A - ArsDigita Public License.  Files identified with "Exhibit A - ArsDigita Public License"
are governed by the ArsDigita Public License, Version 1.0. <br>
The ArsDigita Public License, Version 1.0, Copyright 2001 ArsDigita Corporation.  All
rights reserved.<br>
WHEREAS, ArsDigita seeks to promote the widespread use of its software and third-party
derivatives to support solutions for improving the operation of a wide variety of organizations;<br>
WHEREAS, ArsDigita seeks to promote contributions of both improvements and extensions
to its software for its continued improvement; and<br>
WHEREAS, ArsDigita seeks to promote its own business interests, in part so that it is
able to sustain the high level of investment required to keep its software competitive
and continue to distribute its software under an "open-source" model;<br>
NOW THEREFORE; the following are additional terms applicable to the ArsDigita Public
License. <br>
I.  <strong>ArsDigita name and logo.</strong>
<ul>(a) Except as required by the Acknowledgement section below, this license does not
grant any rights to use the trademark "ArsDigita," the ArsDigita logo or the terms "ArsDigita
Community System,""ACS," or "ArsDigita Corporation," even if such marks are included
in the Original Code.  Use of any of these names or logos to promote or endorse products
derived from this software requires prior written consent.  To request written permission,
contact info@arsdigita.com. <br><br>
(b)  Except as required by the Acknowledgement section below, products derived from
this software may not be called "ArsDigita Community System" or "ACS" and such names
may not appear in the name of any such derived product without prior written permission
of ArsDigita.  To request written permission, contact info@arsdigita.com.</ul>
II.  <strong>Acknowledgement</strong>
<ul>All advertising or promotional materials, download pages, documentation, and/or
physical media mentioning features or use of this software, and any redistributions
in whatever form, must display the following acknoledgement in a reasonably prominent
location: "This product includes software developed by ArsDigita Corporation for use
III.  <strong>Governing law.</strong>
<ul>This License shall be governed by Massachusetts law provisions (except to the extent
applicable law, if any, provides otherwise), excluding its conflicts-of-law provisions.
 With respect to disputes in which at least one party is a citizen of, or an entity
chartered or registered to do business in the United States of America, any litigation
relating to this License shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth
of Massachusetts, with venue lying in Boston, Massachusetts, and the losing party shall
be responsible for costs, including without limitation, court costs and reasonable attorneys'
fees and expenses.</ul><br>
<ul>The contents of this file are subject to the ArsDigita Public License, Version 1.0
(the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.  You
Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the specific language governing
rights and limitations under the License.<br>
The Original Code is ArsDigita ACS 4.6 client code, released July 31, 2001.<br>
The Initial Developer of the Original Code is ArsDigita Corporation.  Portions created
by ArsDigita are Copyright 1999-2001 ArsDigita Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.<br>

</tt>