Subject: Re: GPL and commercial licensing, Amphora product
From: David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 18:57:48 -0800

On Monday 04 February 2002 07:45 am, Jüri Kaljundi wrote:

> (http://www.amphora.ee/freeware/) is currently licensed under Mozilla type
> license...
>
> What we would like to do is to make potentially the free Amphora Light
> license a bit more relaxed, and for that we have considered starting to use
> the GPL License for the freeware version.

The GPL is more relaxed than a Mozilla type license? What exactly do you mean
by "relaxed?" Or is your Mozilla type license not really Mozilla like? I
usually classify licenses as strong copyleft (strict), weak copyleft
(somewhat relaxed), and unrestricted (very relaxed). The GPL fits in the
first category and the MPL in the second.

--
David Johnson