Subject: Re: Limiting the use of an OpenSource application
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 20:01:43 -0800

Quoting John Richter (jmrichter@lbl.gov):

> I ask this because this requirement puts companies with "ethical
> practices" rules in a strange position. A company might have a rule
> saying that it won't do business with companies that use sweatshop
> labor, for example. They couldn't release any code they wrote as open
> source, because to do so could violate their ethical practices rule (a
> sweatshop-using company might decide to use their open source
> accounting software, for example).

Please pardon a (mayhap) silly question:  How could it be considered
"doing business" for an unknown third party to independently decide
to use one's software without any kind of exchange transaction?

--
Cheers,             "Don't use Outlook.  Outlook is really just a security
Rick Moen            hole with a small e-mail client attached to it."