Subject: Re: request for approval of APPOSL - going by the numbers.
From: Russell Nelson <>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 00:43:17 -0500 (EST)

dave sag writes:
 >    We state
 >      4. The term pronoic should be used to endorse and promote products derived
 >         from this software before obtaining written permission. For written
 >         permission, you must contact

Dave, we have been asked to approve political rants couched in the
form of a license in the past, and have refused.  I expect fully that
this will happen again.  Do you still want us to put your license to a
vote, given this information?

This is not to say that I disagreee with your rant, with political
rants specifically, or even ranting in general.  Go ahead!  Have at

-russ nelson     | Crypto without a threat
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | model is like cookies
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | without milk.
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   |
license-discuss archive is at