Subject: Re: Discuss: BSD Protection License
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 07:30:21 -0800

Quoting Colin Percival (colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk):

> As I said, there is a *tradition*.  Traditions aren't always followed,
> and the last thing I want is for a project to fork into two incompatible
> versions based on their licenses.

If you have mindshare, then the existence of other people's forks based
on anything is not a threat.  If you don't have mindshare, then maybe
you're Darren Reed.  ;->

Like Darren, you're trying to control forking potential by adding
restrictions.  But that will (I predict) prevent gaining and holding
mindshare, and thus auto-ghettoising.

Success would of course prove me wrong.

None of the above has much to do with OSD-compliance, so I'll stop now.

--
Cheers,                              "Open your present...."
Rick Moen                            "No, you open your present...."