Subject: RE: Static v. Dynamic Linking -- redux
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 00:51:16 -0500 (EST)

Emiliano writes:
 > I am totally uneducated in the matters of license legalities, but is it
 > actually illegal to circumvent a license? If the wording of the license
 > allows a particular use, will the court read the letter of the license
 > or the spirit of the license?

In my admittedly limited experience, it's a bad idea for the plaintiff
to give the the judge the impression that the plaintiff thinks the
judge won't see through his scheme.  Judges have a lot of discretion
when it comes to contempt of court.

--
-russ nelson              http://russnelson.com | Crypto without a threat
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | model is like cookies