Subject: RE: a proposed change to the OSD
From: "Lawrence E. Rosen" <lrosen@rosenlaw.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 14:58:34 -0700

Do you really mean:

A license may not restrict use or modification by the possessor of a
lawfully obtained copy of a work.

On the other hand, this provision, either your wording or mine, might
conflict with the following provision in the OSL:

   5) External Deployment. The term "External Deployment"
   means the use or distribution of the Original Work or
   Derivative Works in any way such that the Original
   Work or Derivative Works may be accessed or used by
   anyone other than You, whether the Original Work or
   Derivative Works are distributed to those persons,
   made available as an application intended for use
   over a computer network, or used to provide services
   or otherwise deliver content to anyone other than You.
   As an express condition for the grants of license
   hereunder, You agree that any External Deployment by
   You shall be deemed a distribution and shall be
   licensed to all under the terms of this License, as
   prescribed in section 1(c) herein.

/Larry