Subject: Re: [OT] TINLA
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 20:05:49 -0800

Quoting John Cowan (

> I believe that TINLA evolved on this very list, and quite recently too.

I'm pretty sure I've been seeing it for at least a decade, elsewhere on
the Internet and on BBSes before that.  A quick check on DejaNews turned
up "As always, TINLA." in the signoff of a post on
1994-06-08, so it's confirmed to have been well established, then.

Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first
Rick Moen     woman she meets, and then teams up with three complete strangers       to kill again."  -- Rick Polito's That TV Guy column,
              describing the movie _The Wizard of Oz_

license-discuss archive is at