Subject: agreement to comply
From: bruce@perens.com
Date: 10 Sep 1999 18:17:30 -0000

I changed the subject header because this isn't really related to the ATT
license any longer.

From: Ken Arromdee <arromdee@rahul.net>

But that's not what your prototype license clause said:

> "you may only distribute to people who agree to abide by the usage
> limitations"

This places the burden of _determining_ that the customer _has_ agreed to
comply upon the distributor. The distributor must not only warn the customer,
he must actually _verify_ that the customer has agreed, most likely by
getting a signature, before the act of distribution may take place, or
else the distributor is in breach.

Now, please think of what we can practically do at retail.

	Thanks

	Bruce