Subject: Re: For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:23:47 -0700

Quoting Ken Brown (

> You are making some very legitimate points.  Last year, Bruce Perens, one of
> the most active proponents of the GPL, said the exact same thing at an open
> source conference, the GPL has limited commercial applications.

Hello again, Mr. Brown!  How are things at the Alexis de Tocqueville
Institute?  (You've moved from Erols to Verizon, I see.)  We haven't
heard much from you since I explained to the mailing list a year ago
which Microsoft-supported institute you're vice-president of.[1]

Anyone else who was at the O'Reilly conference:  What did Bruce _really_
say, in context?

Rick Moen                           Never ask a sysadmin "What's up?"
license-discuss archive is at