Subject: Re: For Approval: Open Source Software Alliance License
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 22:54:43 -0700

Quoting Brian Behlendorf (brian@collab.net):

> It's not flame bait.  Show me an open source license that specifies that
> each user pay the copyright holder for use.  [...]

We must be somehow miscommunicating.

I was just saying that that any line of reasoning that leads to the
conclusion that OSI cheerleads for the GPL is plainly, egregiously wrong,
as even a perfunctory examination of its activities and public presence
will confirm.  One is tempted to conclude that a person making that
argument -- unless you know him to be above that, as we do with you --
is posting flamebait.

> Semantically clean?

Since you ask, no.  There were unstated questionable assumptions big
enough to hurl a book on dual-licensing through.  But that was not
really my point.

--
Cheers,                                        "He who hesitates is frost."
Rick Moen                                                 -- Innuit proverb