Subject: Re: OSD#5 needs a patch?
From: Rick Moen <>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 22:21:30 -0700

Quoting Bruce Dodson (

> OSD#5 The license must not discriminate against any person
> or group of persons.
> Does that need to be expanded to state explicitly that this
> does not just apply to the license terms?  i.e. Should it
> say in addition that the license text itself must not
> contain any discriminatory or derogatory statements against
> any person or group?

I'm pretty sure the OSD is concerned solely with licences' actual
effect, not their attitude problems.

Cheers,               Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was
Rick Moen             the cats who insisted we invent houses and discover fire.                                    -- Khiem Tran
license-discuss archive is at