Subject: Re: OSD#5 needs a patch?
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:01:03 -0700

Quoting Lawrence E. Rosen (lrosen@rosenlaw.com), who was replying to
David Presotto:

> Do you really think the first sentence of my proposal doesn't make sense?
> Can you suggest a better way to express that concept?

Although I suspect David Presotto was being a little cranky, his post
reminds me of something you might want to consider:  Anything you add to
the OSD text to say "OSD isn't about [foo]" will have the inevitable
effect of summoning everyone on Earth who wants to talk about OSD and
[foo], and keeping [foo] permanently on the agenda.

So, Don't Do That, Then.  ;->

--
Cheers,                                      "My file system's got no nodes!"
Rick Moen                                    "How does it shell?"