Subject: Re: Why?
From: Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:05:08 -0800

Quoting Alex Rousskov (rousskov@measurement-factory.com):

> I believe the context implies that such a declaration is believed to
> be legally effective.

You can believe that, but, from inquiries so far, it is not clear
Creative Common does.  The matter, indeed, appears to occasion some
controversy.

> Again, by the very nature of legal law, no case and no set of cases
> can guarantee a single interpretation of the current law or that the
> current law will not change (sometimes retroactively!).

Clearly.  To review:  I was answering the assertion that open-source
licensing has never been tested in court.

--
Cheers,           find / -user your -name base -print | xargs chown us:us
Rick Moen