Subject: Re: Help with license decision for "cluster" of similar projects
From: Russell McOrmond <russell@flora.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 14:36:39 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> This is my last response. IMO, this is not the right place to discuss
> moral issues related to Copyleft/BSD licensing.

  My comment was not intended to be about moral issues, but business
models.  The only link to "morality" is what around tangibles often gets
the word "theft".  I don't believe that word ever applies to intangibles
like software, so tried to make a comparison to other activities.

  Since this is a business model issue I invite anyone who wants to
discuss this to do so in the Free Software Business mailing list.  Thanks
to Bjorn Reese for pointing out that list.

  http://www.crynwr.com/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi/0/

  I also have to apologize for confusing two Alex's in this list in my
last reply.

 "Make it legal: don't litigate, use creative licensing" campaign.
 A modern answer to P2P: http://www.flora.ca/makelegal200403.shtml
 Canadian File-sharing Legal Information Network http://www.canfli.org/