Subject: RE: Definition of open source
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 22:15:24 -0500

Alan Rihm writes:
 > Rick, I'm not sure why there is so much anger in the room ("I smell a
 > second rat in this conversation"...that is just ignorant). I believe in
 > open source based on today's terms. It got us here after all, but surely
 > it is healthy to discuss alternative views.

You're not "discussing".  You're diluting OSI's well-known trademark
on "open source".  If I were you, I would cease and disist doing this.
Same thing for you, Harrell.  If you're using a license which is not
approved by OSI, it's not an "open source" license.

--
--My blog is at angry-economist.russnelson.com  | Violence never solves
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | problems, it just changes