Subject: Re: STWL: please comment
From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 00:44:10 -0500

Bernhard Fastenrath scripsit:

> I do not restrict this to a particular open source license or a
> particular open source software, so a patent owner who sues a user of
> GPL'ed software for infringement of his intellectual property claims by
> that software automatically terminates all his STWL licenses.

That boils down to this:

1.  Alice releases software under the GPL.
2.  Bob rips off Alice's software and reuses it in his proprietary program.
3.  Alice, incensed, sues Bob for copyright infringement.
4.  All of Alice's STWL licenses go bye-bye.

If I were Alice (and I am, because I have released software under the GPL),
I wouldn't touch any STWL-licensed software.

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 cowan@ccil.org