Subject: Re: Communities as the new IPR?
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 12:15:14 -0500

Brian Behlendorf writes:
 > If one believes "communities are the new IPR", then being the center of
 > a new community built around one's offerings might have more value than
 > being a new entrant into a pre-existing community built around other
 > people's offerings.

Hrm.  Gratuitious wheel reinvention seem undesirable from a social
policy point of view.  On the other hand, how do you know it's
gratuitious?  If we were wise enough to answer that question, we
wouldn't need competitive markets.

--
--my blog is at     blog.russnelson.com         |
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | There ought to be a law