Subject: Re: The term "intellectual property" considered useful
From: Russ Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 23:28:49 -0400

Richard Stallman writes:
 > I did not say that this is "unfair".  What I said is that this leads
 > the non-rich to support the interests of the rich.

It also leads the rich to support the interests of the non-rich.  I
continue to assert that your intuition leads you to incorrect
conclusions.  Why do you resist this idea in economics, and yet within
discussions of copyright and patent you accept it?

Any field of study will produce non-intuitive results; why else study?
Your principle is correct.  Your rejection of it when applied to you
rather than others is incorrect.  Your rejection of it when applied to
economics rather than copyright and patents is incorrect.

St. Ignucius is not a special case.  Genius is not exempt.

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | A computer without Python is
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | like a CPU without memory: