Subject: Re: (c), but no year
From: Federico Lucifredi <flucifredi@acm.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 01:14:11 -0400

Lawrence,
  can I take advantage of the fact that you are a lawyer and ask you
where did the date that we used to see after the (C) of copyright go ? I
remember being taught specifically that under common law you needed a
(C), a year, and a copyright owner.  But, starting relatively recently,
I started seeing things like "(C) Disney" with no date - was something
changed in the several reviews of copyright law in this regard ?

  I do not want to waste your time with a question others probably know
the answer to already - a pointer to appropriate reading would be
appreciated, though.

  Thank you  -Federico