Subject: Re: Competition by internal expertise for F/OSS vendors
From: Russ Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:29:15 -0400

Thomas Lord writes:
 > What if, overnight, we could do a text search and
 > replace on all of those links so that all of them
 > were named "work for us without pay".
 >
 > That would be completely accurate.

It lacks accuracy.  A more accurate label would be "make the world
better for everyone without pay".

Are you going to argue that people shouldn't be altruistic?  Ever
noticed that Ayn Rand and Tom Lord's names have the same number of
letters?

(for those who aren't following this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayn_Rand)

--
--my blog is at    http://blog.russnelson.com   | Software that needs
Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | documentation is software