Subject: Re: "University-style" vs "Berkeley" licenses
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 27 Aug 1998 05:05:28 -0000

William C. Cheng writes:
 > May be this discussion is not going where I think it's going, but just in
 > case...  Please take this discussion offline if it's going to be more and
 > more philosophical and less fsb related.  Thanks!

I think people have been quite restrained.  Reputation (being seen as
``doing the right thing'') is an important business issue, as is good
developer relations, particularly if your business model requires the
cooperation of outside developers.  And frankly, everyone's does
whether they acknowledge it or not.  No product is an island.