Subject: Re: Access to free software
From: ghost@ALADDIN.COM (L. Peter Deutsch)
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 93 17:00:40 PDT

> Hmmm...  That observation inspired a thought.  Maybe free software
> and good communication between users goes hand in hand?  Maybe they
> feed on each other?

I think you're on to something there.  At the very least, I think
good communication between users *and authors* goes along with *good*
free software: users get to know they are being listened to, and
authors get the feedback they need to benefit from users' experience;
in both cases, communication provides incentives for both parties to
go on participating in the process.  That's certainly been my
experience with Ghostscript, at any rate.

L. Peter Deutsch :: Aladdin Enterprises :: P.O. box 60264, Palo Alto, CA 94306
ghost@aladdin.com, ...decwrl!aladdin!ghost ; voice 415-322-0103 ; fax 322-1734
	    "Implementation is the sincerest form of flattery."