Subject: Re: Motivating support contracts
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 15 Sep 1998 18:53:23 -0000

William C. Cheng writes:
 >  | Why not?  Financial transactions at web-hit prices open up a whole new
 >  | world of possible arrangements between buyer and seller.
 >
 > It's difficult and costly to continuously refund/recharge customers.

Now, Bill, don't discount Brian out of hand.  A lot of how our economy
is structured is dependent upon transaction costs.  Get rid of some
transaction costs and you can change things wildly.  Transaction costs
are economic friction.  Look at the difference between a sledge and a
wheeled cart.  Lower friction, and you change the world.  Maybe even
make a whole new business model for software possible.  :)