Subject: Re: Do We Need a New Evangelist
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 2 Apr 1999 19:55:12 -0000

Ben Laurie writes:
 > Russell Nelson wrote:
 > >
 > > Ben Laurie writes:
 > >  > However, my fundamental problem with OSI is becoming clearer to me: I am
 > >  > being asked to endorse[1] a term that is controlled by a closed,
 > >  > self-appointed group that I have no control over. That group already
 > >  > appears to be pushing the term in a direction I'm not particularly happy
 > >  > with,
 > >
 > > News to me.  Why?  What?  Where?  When?  How?
 >
 > I find myself at a loss for words. Have you been listening at all?

I want you to spell out how we're pushing the term in a direction
you're not particularly happy with.  My feeling, as an OSI board
member, is that you, Ben Laurie, is one of the people we need to keep
happy.  What would you change in the Open Source Definition?  What
change in our activities would you recommend?