Subject: Re: the walls have bears
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: 1 Jun 1999 04:46:38 -0000

Ben Laurie writes:
 > I can accept this. But Apache is not written for a business. Nor is
 > OpenSSL. So why is BSD not appropriate for Apache or OpenSSL?

It probably is.  It's an OSI-Certified(tm) Open Source license.  Go
for it!

 > BTW, if the answer is "aha, but this is not the list for that question",
 > think again: there are businesses that use Apache and OpenSSL and I
 > would classify them as FSBs (at least in respect of their use of those
 > packages).

Use of; not creation of.  I don't know of any for-profit company which
has created MIT-licensed software.

Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Good parenting creates
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | an adult, not a perfect
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | child.