Subject: Re: EROS license
From: "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 04:58:27 +0000

"Stephen J. Turnbull" wrote:

Random comments well after the fact....

> According to Peter, this simply isn't a problem in practice.  Most
> whole-file contributions come with "Copyright XXXX, Aladdin
> Enterprises" already in the header (I don't know what legal standing
> that implicit assignment has).

Deutsch discussed this a bit in his interview with Stig Hackvan.  I've
discussed the issue with several other OSS developers, including Eric
Allman.  Not sure the situation's had to be resolved yet....

> depend on driving rivals out of the market.  (Japanese and Korean
> industrial firms generally do not maximize profit, so they are a
> different case.)

Really?  What exactly then is it that they are maximizing?

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)