Subject: Re: Possibly stupid GPL question
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:20:48 -0400 (EDT)

bruce@perens.com writes:
 > From: DJ Delorie <dj@delorie.com>
 > > If you give
 > > the work to someone who has signed an NDA, the NDA stops them from
 > > redistributing, not the GPL, and not you.
 >
 > No, sorry . The NDA that you describe would be an unauthorized modification
 > of my license terms.

Sorry, Bruce, but you're out on a cracking limb here.  The license
grants permission to copy.  If you're not copying something (as in,
"contractural obligation not to"), then the license has no effect.

But given that I know for a fact that neither of the three of us are
lawyers, who are we to believe?

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com