Subject: Re: GNU License for Hardware
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:46:37 -0400 (EDT)

Kristofer Coward writes:
 > Of course, GNU/Linux isn't as funny as plain GNU, but a compromise had to
 > be made :P

Nope.

I see you used the passive form of the word.  *Who* had to make a
compromise?  RMS?  Because he didn't bother to create GNU out of the
parts he created and the parts Linus and many others created?  Did
Linus have to make a compromise?  Heck no, there's no naming strings
attached to the GPL.  Did I have to compromise?

Nope.  And I won't.  Uncompromising defense of freedom is no vice.

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com