Subject: Re: GNU License for Hardware
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:54:58 -0400 (EDT)

craig@jcb-sc.com writes:
 > Note that the "GNU/Linux campaign", as I am describing RMS's efforts
 > here, may well have been *designed* to have a positive effect on long-term
 > efforts to work on GNU, but might have been *executed* such that it
 > did not.

Exactly my point.  And as RMS continues this campaign, it continues to
hurt him.  On the other hand, creating a GNU distribution of Linux,
would be a positive step forward that takes nothing from anyone.

He could even start with Debian, and fix some of their major gaffes,
like not using RPMs, and like not making it obvious how to get the
source (why doesn't Debian have a "source-get" command which retrieves
the exact source matching the installed package?)

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com