Subject: Re: "rights" and "freedoms"
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 23:52:50 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, this has gone on long enough.  As far as I know, this discussion
is off-topic for all of the following mailing lists.  As a
consequence, I am momentarily going to put a filter on the FSB editor
that bounces mail which contains any of the following strings anywhere
in the email.  No one should feel singled out -- I've done it too.
You can still send replies to those other lists, but they'll have to
be sent separately from the reply that goes to the fsb mailing list.

I'm leaving it up to y'all's[1] better judgement as to whether your own
posting is appropriate for the Free Software Business mailing list.

|if grep  openip@egroups.com; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100; fi
|if grep  geda-dev@geda.seul.org; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100; fi
|if grep  f-cpu@egroups.com; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100; fi
|if grep  ppc-mobo@raj.phys.sfu.ca; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100; fi
|if grep  pleb@cse.unsw.edu.au; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100; fi
|if grep  license-discuss@opensource.org; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100;
fi
|if grep  cglug-chat@ebb.org; then echo "fsb is for the FSBers"; exit 100; fi

[1] For those people who don't speak American English, y'all is the
plural of you in the southern dialect, which if you're familiar with
the issue, would be funny, because you used to be plural and thee
singular, except that now you is singular and thee is religious, but
that's only because the King James Bible was translated into the
English of the day, when at the time you, being the plural, was used
to refer to Kings and Gods and other plural beings, while thee was
used for commoners.  So actually, when you read a translation of the
Bible into modern English with nary a thee in sight, you're actually
reading the Bible as the early Protestants read it.  They lacked
today's experience of God speaking in an antique tongue.  Yes, it's
all too weird for words, but it's all literally true and without
error (if you can believe that).

--
-russ nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://russnelson.com