Subject: Re: Open letter to those who believe in a right to free software
From: "Tim O'Reilly" <tim@oreilly.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 10:31:16 -0800

It's true that FSB has gotten so overrun with debate that it's hard to
keep up. And debates that try to put a contentious issue to bed, or
prove one party right and another wrong, should definitely be taken
offline.  But I have to confess that many of Stephen's are the postings
I've been saving and forwarding on to others, while skipping those by
others that you may find more congenial.  So as they say, one man's meat
may be another man's poison.

Stephen, I would certainly encourage you to keep posting to the list.  I
found your initial postings in this thread to be among the best the list
has produced, and while I agree that the debate has gotten long, don't
go from feast to famine.  Moderate but don't stop.

Bruce Perens wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> Can't you take this somewhere else than FSB? I've been skipping your messages
> for a while now, but they seem to have become a majority of the list traffic.
> It would be nice if we could return to discussions of free software business
> here.
>
>         Thanks
>
>         Bruce Perens

101 Morris Street, Sebastopol, CA 95472