Subject: Re: free software vs. open source
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 23:20:09 -0500 (EST)

skud@netizen.com.au writes:
 > Can someone please tell me, are "open source" business people welcome
 > here,

Of course.  I tried to point out earlier that you can build a business
on software which is not completely libre (as indeed, *I* do) -- which
neither Free Software nor Open Source people approve of.  I don't care
about their approval (even though I'm on the board of the Open Source
Initiative, so them==me), because the software is free enough to run a
free software business.  And that's all the "free" that matters on
this list.

If someone wishes to take issue with that, they should do so elsewere,
and announce that fact here.