Subject: fsb-free is neither bsd-free nor gpl-free
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:34:59 -0500 (EST)

Bruce Perens writes:
 > From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
 > > Here, "free" means that you give up licenses as a source of revenue.
 >
 > Entirely? Isn't that limiting your options, too?

No, it just limits the activities you can call "free".  For myself, I
am satisfied if the majority of my business activities are free.

Then again, the problem with the term is that it leaves someone like
L. Peter Deutsch with no term for Aladdin.  And yet Aladdin gives up a
substantial portion of it's potential income through it's GPL'ed and
AFPL'ed releases.