Subject: Re: Ariba - open?
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:01:52 -0500 (EST)

kmself@ix.netcom.com writes:
 > I don't think that "Open" of itself will carry much water starting in the near
 > future.

No, it'll carry *all* the water, so it won't serve as a product
differentiator.

Gack, I can't believe I just said "product differentiator".  Somebody
help me!  I'm turning into a marketroid!!  Next thing you know, I'll
start wearing a suit!  :)  I'll forget how to program in C (actually,
that's happening already -- I've been working with qmail so long that
I know Dan's C library better than the std C library).

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.