Subject: Re: Ariba - open?
From: Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 23:08:20 -0500 (EST)

Kirrily 'Skud' Robert writes:
 > I just realised the other day that I haven't cut code in over two
 > months.  I'm depressed now.

It's not *all* loss.  If done carefully, it can mean an extension of
your "reach".  If you've got a staff, you can get them to do the
grunt-work of implementing your ideas.  Someday I hope to have a staff
to implement my ideas.  Being the boss, I won't have to convince
somebody else that my ideas are worth doing.  Some will be successful,
some won't.  But I'll have FUN.

And if you're successful at something, society gives you the means to
be more successful.  "That was nice; here's some money; go do it
again."  That's why capitalism is so successful at making most people
well-off.  It does a very good job of finding the productive people
who are dissatisfied with the current state of affairs and who have
the wherewithal to improve things.

Crynwr sells support for free software  | PGPok | "Ask not what your country
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315 268 1925 voice | can force other people to
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  | +1 315 268 9201 FAX   | do for you..."  -Perry M.